Having a crisis communications plan in place can mean the difference between successfully mitigating a difficult situation and an event that leaves your reputation tarnished. Led by former Assistant Secretary of State and State Department Spokesperson P.J. Crowley, Communicating a Crisis outlines the principles to guide any entity that finds itself facing a crisis. Attend this course to learn more about:
- Crisis communications best practices
- The media environment, social media and effective messaging
- Preparing for a crisis
- Shaping narratives and public perception
- Media training before a crisis
- Keeping your story consistent
- The Art of the Apology
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the elements of effective crisis communications, in both theory and in practice.
- Appreciate how competing bureaucratic or organizational imperatives can impact and affect crisis communications and how to overcome such constraints.
- Acquire the ability to formulate crisis communications strategies in today’s dynamic media environment.
- Understand how to develop and promulgate effective strategic messaging through traditional and social media.